How to Report Abuse

If you suspect that a child or vulnerable adult is being abused or neglected it is better to be safe than sorry in regards to reporting. The most important thing to remember is that you do not have to be certain abuse occurred, that is a job best left to investigators. If you believe that abuse is occurring within a family, Department of Social Services is the best place to refer. The regional intake number for the Pee Dee area is (843) 669-3354 (Press 5). If you are outside of the Pee Dee, please call the National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-4-A-CHILD®.

If you believe that a law has been broken, no matter the perpetrator,  a report should be made to the law enforcement entity where the crime occurred.

Local Law Enforcement:

Florence County Sheriff’s Office

Florence Police Department

Lake City Police Department

Johnsonville Police Department

Dillon County Sheriff’s Office

Dillon City Police Department

Marion County Sheriff’s Office

Mullins Police Department

Chesterfield County Sheriff’s Office

Williamsburg County Sheriff’s Office

Kershaw County Sheriff’s Office

Camden Police Department