CARE House is always accepting Volunteers! Here are some of our Volunteer opportunities:
- Interns: Undergraduate & Graduate opportunities available.
- Administrative Volunteers: Answer phones, filing, scanning files to electronic record, calling clients (appointments), other clerical duties as needed.
- Greeters: Welcoming clients and families with a smile, helping maintain an organized and clean waiting room, assist in monitoring family/child interactions (recognizing inappropriate behavior), and interacting with children.
- Event Volunteers: Working at events, helping with prep-work, etc. Events may include: CAPES For Kids, Toss & Taste, & Florence Flicks
- Outreach Volunteers: Help educate and reach out to the community. This could be in a variety of different atmospheres; including schools, classrooms, daycare centers, law enforcement agencies, DSS, etc.
- Victim Advocate Volunteers: Help our victim advocates by following up with families, answering questions, and connecting them with any resources they may need.
- After Hours: On Call Volunteers: (Mon - Fri: 5pm-8am; Sat-Sun: all day) You will be trained to ask specific questions about incoming incidents, deciding if it is an emergency, or if it can wait until the following work day. May require response to the emergency room.
- Forensic Medical Education: You would assist in explaining the forensic medical process to families and children, along with assisting with paperwork. Medicals are performed every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10-12.
- Shoppers: You can adopt a family for court.
- We are also looking for people who have specialty gifts:
Designers (whether that is website, computer, etc)
These are just some, but we are not limited to these.
For all volunteer opportunities, except events planning, an application must be submitted before approval.
- Be sure to complete all 3 pages: Volunteer Application, CH Confidentiality Statement, Authorization for a SLED Background & Sex Offender Registry Check
For interns, please fill out the following:
- Undergraduate Interns - Intern Application, Conf. Statement Students Authorization for a SLED Background & Sex Offender Registry Check
- Graduate Interns - Graduate APPLICATION Conf. Statement Students Authorization for a SLED Background & Sex Offender Registry Check